Tuesday, April 20, 2010

House husband for 1 week

This afternoon I sent my wife to the airport to catch a flight to KL. She will be there for 1 week to get treatment for her sinus problem. So, I have to be the househusband from today till next Tuesday. I have a funny feeling that this will be a very long 7 days for me. Hmmm... I wonder why?

I guess it's not easy having to juggle household and work together. That's why all the working mothers who have to take care of their children and husband (sometimes the husband are even more difficult to take care of) have my full respect. This is a tough job, I tell you.

I'm missing my wife already. My son was even faster. Right after my wife entered the departure hall, Jordan looked like he was going to cry. But he was a brave boy and he just muttered to me, "I don't want to be friend with you." You see, I played a (BIG) role in him not going to KL. The original plan was for him to go to KL with his mummy. But then I felt the trip won't be good for him, what with the AH1N1 situation and all that is going on now. Better for him to stay at home, right? In the end he was persuaded (of course with the reward of going swimming at Eastwood Valley, visit to Toy's World, go to the Arcade centre at Boulevard Hypermarket and buy him a BOMBA toy set).

But children have very short temper. Within 10 minutes, we were the best of friends again. Then again, it's probably because I'm a great Dad, right? LOL!

Well, a new day awaits me tomorrow. And the best part is I'll be bringing him to attend an event planning meeting in the evening and he is so excited about it. That'll be a new experience for him.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I thought Dr. Lamalama from Ulu Kapit has found the cure for AH1N1 virus? =P
    Btw, you're a great Dad! Believe you can do it well!

    ReplyDelete