Sunday, April 25, 2010

Words are...


harder than rocks, sharper than knives and deadlier than poison.

Just yesterday, I was at the clinic to buy some medicine for my son. Sitting next to me was a mother who was hugging her baby and next to her was her slightly older son who was probably 2 or 3 years old. The older boy wanted to put on his slippers and after a few attempts was still not making any progress (he was wearing his left slipper on his right foot and vise versa), his mother just said "So stupid" loudly and impatiently adjusted the slippers for him. Then, as if to register her poison in her son's minds, she repeated the same words again, "So stupid". My goodness!

Words can build and words can destroy. Choose to build someone today. In my opinion, the worst losers are those who themselves couldn't achieve their goal and would ensure that others couldn't achieve theirs, too, by using their poisonous words to destroy hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment