Sunday, July 19, 2009

Persevere in Humility


An hour ago, a strong gust of wind blew my neighbour's front gate off it's rail. That's the first time I saw something like that in my life. The bamboo forest in front of my house was quite a spectacle, too (darn I didn't get my camera!) They looked like rockets that were ready to be launched at any moment! At the end of the 30 minute bashing by the strong wind, the bamboos prevailed. On the other hand my neighbour's gate was derailed.

We all face the occasional 'strong wind' blowing in our life. Very often, we are tempted to throw in the towel and give up. However, if we look at nature, no wind lasts forever. No matter how severe the storm is, it will always be replaced by sunny days afterward. Mother nature has a very unique way of teaching us precious lessons in life. When facing the 'strong wind', yield to it and learn from it and we will be like the bamboo, triumphing in the end. That's what I call persevering in humility.

No comments:

Post a Comment