Saturday, December 26, 2009

Planning anything for 2010?

In exactly 5 more days, we will bid goodbye to 2009 and welcome 2010. It's also interesting to note that we have completed 1 decade of the 21st century already. I was reading the latest edition of Success magazine and publisher Darren Hardy asked the readers to reflect on what have been their greatest achievements in the past 10 years. Well, I'd like to share mine (at random) here. I'm not trying to impress anybody (well, maybe just a little) but I'd like to take stock of how good God has been to me.
  1. I got married in 2002 to the girl of my dreams.
  2. I bought a house that same year and later moved to my dream house in 2008.
  3. I'm blessed with a son in 2005.
  4. I became a public speaker in 2008 (a dream come true).
  5. I walked on burning charcoal barefooted in 2004 at the Anthony Robbins Unleash Your Power Within seminar in Singapore with my wife.
  6. I received my MBA degree from the University of Southern Queensland, Australia in 2004.
  7. I gave a talk to 200 people at Pustaka Miri in 2008 and 2009.
  8. I won the Toastmasters International Division E International Speech Contest (2008, 2009), Division E Table Topics Contest (2008), Division E Evaluation Speech Contest (2008), 1st runner-up Division E Humourous Speech Contest (2008) and 1st runner-up District 51 Table Topics Contest (2008).
  9. I started my tuition centre (Great Minds Language and Training House) in 2004 and closed it that same year.
  10. I started my second company (Great Minds Management Sdn Bhd) which owns Lighthouse Education and Training in 2009. (Note to self: I'll make it work this time)
  11. I emceed at a dinner function attended by 1200 people in Genting Highlands (2007) and KLCC Convention Centre (2008).
  12. I enrolled in the Money Mastery Workshop and paid RM5200 for the programme to attend it in 2010.
  13. I've changed my mindset and attitude towards money. Money is an idea. I can make money out of nothing (no, seriously). Money is a tool for me to do good. There is an abundance of money out there. Money loves me (Ha! Ha!)
  14. I enrolled in a Ph.D programme with UNIMAS and after doing 3 months of research, felt it's not the right thing for me so I quit.
  15. I got below 100 kg at the start of 2009 (the last time I was 99 kg was more than 15 years ago) but am now at 103 kg.
  16. I'm taking care of my parents who stay with me. I'm so blessed to have them in my life!
  17. My wife gets along so well with my parents and vice-versa. My prayers are answered.
  18. I bought my Jupiter Alto Saxophone (professional series) in 2007. I've been dreaming to have a good saxophone since 1988.
You know, doing this list makes me feel so thankful and grateful to God for His grace and kindness. Why don't you do a list, too. Begin each day with a thankful heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment